Filing A Report

How to File a Report

​One of our main goals is to ensure that all parties receive information regarding resources and their options for resolving issues of discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct. Reporting does not mean a formal investigation will automatically be launched.

  • Reports can be made to the University online, directly to the Title IX Coordinator/Deputy Title IX Coordinators, other Officials with Authority (OWA), or through an anonymous report.
  • To report an incident to the University online, complete the Report an Incident Form here.
  • Please click here for contact information for our Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Title IX Coordinators. Reports can be made to these individuals from the University in person, through telephone, or through email.
  • Anonymous report: please note that failure to identify the parties may limit the University's ability to adequately respond to your complaint. The University strives to provide supportive measures for all involved, which is impossible with anonymous reporting. The Complainant should fear no loss of privacy by making a report to the University.​
    • To file an anonymous report of a criminal offense, call the UNI Police at 319-273-2712.
  • If witnessing a crime or needing emergency assistance, contact 911 for emergency help.
  • To see a visual layout of the University's reporting options and resources, view the Reporting Options Infographic. (PDF)
  • To file a formal complaint about discrimination through a party outside the University, contact the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights, here.